Hotel Installs Energy Storage System to Flatten Peak Usage
Santa Monica’s Shore Hotel installed Green Charge Networks’ GreenStation energy storage system, which will save the hotel an estimated 50 percent in demand charges annually.
GreenStation combines historical energy use patterns with real-time weather data to predict demand and store and discharge energy accordingly to avoid usage spikes.
Along with the energy storage system, Shore Hotel will install an electric vehicle charging station for its guests. The GreenStation will also reduce demand charges from the electricity spikes associated with EV chargers.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles