Hotel Reduces Cooling Costs 44% with Solar Carports
REC Solar completed a 102 kW array for The Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield North-Airport in Bakersfield, Calif. The carport-mounted installation will offset 44 percent of the electricity costs for the 94-room hotel, saving up to $8,800 per month.
With temperatures regularly reaching 115 degrees, the Bakersfield hotel faces steep cooling costs.
The Hampton Inn had expressed concerns about installing a rooftop array that would require closing the top floor of rooms and forfeiting revenue. As a result, REC Solar worked with The Hampton Inn to design a solar carport that did not require disruption to existing operations. The carport not only generates clean electricity but will also provide shade for 30 parked cars.
REC Solar utilized HelioScope software to design the system, reducing installation time and costs.
In addition to the solar array, Hampton Inn installed two electric vehicle charging stations, with room for up to eight stations.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement