Hotel Reduces Cooling Costs 44% with Solar Carports
REC Solar completed a 102 kW array for The Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield North-Airport in Bakersfield, Calif. The carport-mounted installation will offset 44 percent of the electricity costs for the 94-room hotel, saving up to $8,800 per month.
With temperatures regularly reaching 115 degrees, the Bakersfield hotel faces steep cooling costs.
The Hampton Inn had expressed concerns about installing a rooftop array that would require closing the top floor of rooms and forfeiting revenue. As a result, REC Solar worked with The Hampton Inn to design a solar carport that did not require disruption to existing operations. The carport not only generates clean electricity but will also provide shade for 30 parked cars.
REC Solar utilized HelioScope software to design the system, reducing installation time and costs.
In addition to the solar array, Hampton Inn installed two electric vehicle charging stations, with room for up to eight stations.
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Combined Heat and Power
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers