Hotel Reduces Cooling Costs 44% with Solar Carports
REC Solar completed a 102 kW array for The Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield North-Airport in Bakersfield, Calif. The carport-mounted installation will offset 44 percent of the electricity costs for the 94-room hotel, saving up to $8,800 per month.
With temperatures regularly reaching 115 degrees, the Bakersfield hotel faces steep cooling costs.
The Hampton Inn had expressed concerns about installing a rooftop array that would require closing the top floor of rooms and forfeiting revenue. As a result, REC Solar worked with The Hampton Inn to design a solar carport that did not require disruption to existing operations. The carport not only generates clean electricity but will also provide shade for 30 parked cars.
REC Solar utilized HelioScope software to design the system, reducing installation time and costs.
In addition to the solar array, Hampton Inn installed two electric vehicle charging stations, with room for up to eight stations.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase