Housing Authority Signs $5.7m Energy Savings Performance Contract
The Brockton Housing Authority in Brockton, Mass., signed a $5.7 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Ameresco that will provide energy efficiency upgrades to more than 1,200 units in seven developments, and is expected to save the Authority more than $400,000 annually or more than $10.4 million over the 20-year term.
With construction expected to be completed in 2013, the project scope includes lighting efficiency improvements, upgraded apartment temperature controls, water conservation measures, energy efficient refrigerators, and new energy efficient windows and sliding doors at the Authority’s Campello high-rise development.
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) energy performance contract program provides incentives to public housing authorities across the country to implement energy and water savings improvements to their housing units. By leveraging energy performance contracting, a budget-neutral solution that pays for infrastructure upgrades with guaranteed energy savings over time, Brockton Housing Authority will reduce utility costs and upgrade its equipment.
Massachusett’s-based Ameresco is gaining business in its home state. In 2012, it was selected by The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) as the regional Energy Services Company (ESCO) on behalf of 14 cities and towns in Greater Boston, including Framingham, Ashland, Arlington, Chelsea, Everett, Gloucester, Norwell, Rockport, Sharon, Sherborn, Sudbury, Topsfield and Wayland.
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy