Housing Authority Signs $5.7m Energy Savings Performance Contract
The Brockton Housing Authority in Brockton, Mass., signed a $5.7 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Ameresco that will provide energy efficiency upgrades to more than 1,200 units in seven developments, and is expected to save the Authority more than $400,000 annually or more than $10.4 million over the 20-year term.
With construction expected to be completed in 2013, the project scope includes lighting efficiency improvements, upgraded apartment temperature controls, water conservation measures, energy efficient refrigerators, and new energy efficient windows and sliding doors at the Authority’s Campello high-rise development.
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) energy performance contract program provides incentives to public housing authorities across the country to implement energy and water savings improvements to their housing units. By leveraging energy performance contracting, a budget-neutral solution that pays for infrastructure upgrades with guaranteed energy savings over time, Brockton Housing Authority will reduce utility costs and upgrade its equipment.
Massachusett’s-based Ameresco is gaining business in its home state. In 2012, it was selected by The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) as the regional Energy Services Company (ESCO) on behalf of 14 cities and towns in Greater Boston, including Framingham, Ashland, Arlington, Chelsea, Everett, Gloucester, Norwell, Rockport, Sharon, Sherborn, Sudbury, Topsfield and Wayland.
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems