Housing Authority Signs $5.7m Energy Savings Performance Contract
The Brockton Housing Authority in Brockton, Mass., signed a $5.7 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Ameresco that will provide energy efficiency upgrades to more than 1,200 units in seven developments, and is expected to save the Authority more than $400,000 annually or more than $10.4 million over the 20-year term.
With construction expected to be completed in 2013, the project scope includes lighting efficiency improvements, upgraded apartment temperature controls, water conservation measures, energy efficient refrigerators, and new energy efficient windows and sliding doors at the Authority’s Campello high-rise development.
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) energy performance contract program provides incentives to public housing authorities across the country to implement energy and water savings improvements to their housing units. By leveraging energy performance contracting, a budget-neutral solution that pays for infrastructure upgrades with guaranteed energy savings over time, Brockton Housing Authority will reduce utility costs and upgrade its equipment.
Massachusett’s-based Ameresco is gaining business in its home state. In 2012, it was selected by The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) as the regional Energy Services Company (ESCO) on behalf of 14 cities and towns in Greater Boston, including Framingham, Ashland, Arlington, Chelsea, Everett, Gloucester, Norwell, Rockport, Sharon, Sherborn, Sudbury, Topsfield and Wayland.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Combined Heat and Power
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management