Housing Authority Signs $5.7m Energy Savings Performance Contract
The Brockton Housing Authority in Brockton, Mass., signed a $5.7 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Ameresco that will provide energy efficiency upgrades to more than 1,200 units in seven developments, and is expected to save the Authority more than $400,000 annually or more than $10.4 million over the 20-year term.
With construction expected to be completed in 2013, the project scope includes lighting efficiency improvements, upgraded apartment temperature controls, water conservation measures, energy efficient refrigerators, and new energy efficient windows and sliding doors at the Authority’s Campello high-rise development.
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) energy performance contract program provides incentives to public housing authorities across the country to implement energy and water savings improvements to their housing units. By leveraging energy performance contracting, a budget-neutral solution that pays for infrastructure upgrades with guaranteed energy savings over time, Brockton Housing Authority will reduce utility costs and upgrade its equipment.
Massachusett’s-based Ameresco is gaining business in its home state. In 2012, it was selected by The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) as the regional Energy Services Company (ESCO) on behalf of 14 cities and towns in Greater Boston, including Framingham, Ashland, Arlington, Chelsea, Everett, Gloucester, Norwell, Rockport, Sharon, Sherborn, Sudbury, Topsfield and Wayland.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards