Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
Ameresco will begin construction on a second energy savings performance contract (ESPC) for the Holyoke Housing Authority (HHA) in western Massachusetts. The $2.3 million project is expected to provide over $4.5 million in energy and water savings to HHA over the 15-year term. Upgrades will be made to over 600 units in the Authority’s portfolio and will improve water efficiency, temperature and lighting controls, boiler equipment and weatherization.
Ameresco completed an energy audit for HHA that identified the efficiency opportunities, and HUD provides incentives to implement the recommendations.
Ameresco worked with the Holyoke Housing Authority on one of the first public housing energy performance contracts in the late 1990s.
Construction of the new project will commence this month and will continue through 2015.
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year