Houston Hyatt Maps its Energy Future
A story at Hospitality Technology traces the approach the Hyatt Hotel in Houston is using to upgrade its energy efficiency.
The piece says that Green Generation helped Hyatt develop a plan for energy savings. The goal was to lower electricity costs, create efficiencies, replace old and inefficient pumps and motors and improve the building envelop by reducing air infiltration and rejecting thermal loads. An assessment of energy use and spending led to an approach emphasizing high return on investment (ROI) projects and use of CenterPoint’s utility rebates. The final plan includes high efficiency motors, variable frequency drives and window film, the story said.
In May, MACH Energy released a survey on the unique energy needs of hotels.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project