Houston Hyatt Maps its Energy Future
A story at Hospitality Technology traces the approach the Hyatt Hotel in Houston is using to upgrade its energy efficiency.
The piece says that Green Generation helped Hyatt develop a plan for energy savings. The goal was to lower electricity costs, create efficiencies, replace old and inefficient pumps and motors and improve the building envelop by reducing air infiltration and rejecting thermal loads. An assessment of energy use and spending led to an approach emphasizing high return on investment (ROI) projects and use of CenterPoint’s utility rebates. The final plan includes high efficiency motors, variable frequency drives and window film, the story said.
In May, MACH Energy released a survey on the unique energy needs of hotels.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals