Houston Hyatt Maps its Energy Future
A story at Hospitality Technology traces the approach the Hyatt Hotel in Houston is using to upgrade its energy efficiency.
The piece says that Green Generation helped Hyatt develop a plan for energy savings. The goal was to lower electricity costs, create efficiencies, replace old and inefficient pumps and motors and improve the building envelop by reducing air infiltration and rejecting thermal loads. An assessment of energy use and spending led to an approach emphasizing high return on investment (ROI) projects and use of CenterPoint’s utility rebates. The final plan includes high efficiency motors, variable frequency drives and window film, the story said.
In May, MACH Energy released a survey on the unique energy needs of hotels.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management