Houston Real Estate Firm Buys 20M kW Worth of RECs
GDF SUEZ Energy Resources will provide power via renewable energy certificates (RECs) to two of MetroNational’s office towers in Houston: One Memorial City Plaza and Three Memorial City Plaza.
MetroNational is a privately-held real estate investment, development and management company.
With the assistance of energy partners Amerex Energy Services and GDF SUEZ, MetroNational will offset 100 percent of its electricity consumption with RECs for two years for the two commercial office buildings. MetroNational will offset more than 20 million kW for the two buildings, which are currently pending LEED Existing Building certification.
This renewable energy supply is part of a larger, comprehensive energy procurement engagement in which GDF SUEZ will provide electricity to all of MetroNational’s facilities over a multi-year period.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management