How Green or Efficient is Your Shopping Center?
The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) released its Property Efficiency Scorecard at the annual RetailGreen Conference. The scorecard is intended to give centers the means to benchmark energy, water, waste and recycling, and green operations.
The scorecard will allow property owners to benchmark their efficiency by inputting data from one center or an entire portfolio, online on energy use, water consumption, recycling and waste, and green operating practices. Comparisons to similar properties will be available. Suggestions on how to improve performance, based on results, will be available.
The scorecard was designed by landlords and is seen as just the first step to saving money and energy.
Enrollment for the scorecard will begin in January 2014, and payment is based on a $2,000 subscription per company and a fee ranging from $500 to less than $50 per center, depending on the number of properties subscribed. ICSC estimates that more than 1,000 properties will benchmark in 2014, and as sustainability performance becomes an increasingly higher priority, ICSC anticipates this growing rapidly over the next several years.
Founded in 1957, ICSC is the premier global trade association of the shopping center industry. Its more than 60,000 members in over 100 countries include shopping center owners, developers, managers, marketing specialists, investors, retailers and brokers, as well as academics and public officials.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement