HP, IBM and Intel Join JouleX-Ready Technology Partner Program
With the addition of companies including HP, IBM, Intel and Canon, enterprise energy management systems provider JouleX says it has increased the number of partners in its JouleX-Ready Technology program more than fivefold since its introduction in May 2012.
Some of the other newest partners to join the JouleX-Ready program during the last several months are ABB, Dimension Data, Enterasys, GreenPrint, Juniper Networks, NuLEDS, Racktivity, Raritan, Server Technology and Talisen Technologies, the company says.
Through the program, JouleX partners with vendors that then use the JouleX Energy Manager platform to address customers’ energy-management.
Examples of how companies are using the partner program, according to JouleX, include:
- ABB integrates with the JouleX Energy Manager to provide real-time energy monitoring and measurement of building systems and industrial controls.
- Canon integrates with the JouleX Energy Manager to help customers reduce the energy costs associated with operating Canon printers and copiers.
- GreenPrint integrates with the JouleX Energy Manager to provide real-time energy monitoring and control of printers, PCs and other energy-consuming devices to optimize and reduce energy consumption and operating costs across the enterprise.
- HP has integrated its switching, WiFi, server and network management infrastructure portfolio with JouleX Energy Manager to help customers reduce energy costs and improve IT efficiency across their networks and data centers.
- Juniper Networks has integrated its network infrastructure product portfolio via its Junos Space network application platform with JouleX Energy Manager to help customers drive efficiency in the data center by monitoring, analyzing and managing energy usage of all network-connected devices and systems.
- NuLEDs offers a complete lighting system on the Cisco EnergyWise platform and with energy management by JouleX Energy Manager. IT professionals can manage campus lighting infrastructures on an IP network, transforming the physical space into an easily monitored, flexible service offering.
- Raritan has integrated its PX intelligent power distribution units (iPDUs) with the JouleX Energy Manager to measure and share detailed information on each network-connected device’s consumption of volts, watts, amps and kilowatt-hours with +/-1 percent billing-grade accuracy. In addition, the PX iPDU’s remote control capabilities to securely power on and off selected equipment outlets as well as full environmental rack control.
A Pike Research report published in September 2012 said the automated, or smart, building energy management systems market will almost quadruple in size and be worth more than $1 billion by 2020.
A December 2012 study also by Pike Research said building energy management systems for utility customers’ global spending will reach $41 million in 2012, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 29.2 percent through 2020, when the market will reach $319 million worldwide.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Combined Heat and Power
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Gartner Magic Quadrant