HP, Schneider Team for DCIM and IT Platform
The joint solution will feature HP Converged Management Consulting Services combined with Schneider Electric’s data center infrastructure management product, StruxureWare for Data Centers.
Under the plan, Schneider Electric and HP will integrate StruxureWare for Data Centers with HP’s Universal Configuration Management Database, which will enable communication and reconcile asset data between the solutions platforms for DCIM and IT Service Management.
Also, HP will map the functions and features of StruxureWare for Data Centers into HP’s proprietary Converged Management Consulting Framework. This mapping will allow consultants to make informed recommendations around deployment of the solution into customer’s data centers and determine the best way to integrate the overall ITSM and DCIM systems within the environment, Schneider says.
Combining these two technologies will provide customers with significant energy savings and more efficient management of their IT services and assets, Schneider says.
Schneider Electric launched StruxureWare for Data Centers v2.0 in April. This edition enables center management across multiple domains and provides businesses with intelligence to balance high availability and peak efficiency through enhanced monitoring and management.
In October, the company added StruxureWare Power Monitoring Expert Data Center Edition to its software suite. The software is designed to help decrease the number of unplanned power outages, reduce the duration of those that do occur, improve the effectiveness of maintenance activities, optimize power loading of key equipment, improve power distribution efficiency, and facilitate pay-by-use energy billing.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Combined Heat and Power
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity