HP, Schneider Team for DCIM and IT Platform
The joint solution will feature HP Converged Management Consulting Services combined with Schneider Electric’s data center infrastructure management product, StruxureWare for Data Centers.
Under the plan, Schneider Electric and HP will integrate StruxureWare for Data Centers with HP’s Universal Configuration Management Database, which will enable communication and reconcile asset data between the solutions platforms for DCIM and IT Service Management.
Also, HP will map the functions and features of StruxureWare for Data Centers into HP’s proprietary Converged Management Consulting Framework. This mapping will allow consultants to make informed recommendations around deployment of the solution into customer’s data centers and determine the best way to integrate the overall ITSM and DCIM systems within the environment, Schneider says.
Combining these two technologies will provide customers with significant energy savings and more efficient management of their IT services and assets, Schneider says.
Schneider Electric launched StruxureWare for Data Centers v2.0 in April. This edition enables center management across multiple domains and provides businesses with intelligence to balance high availability and peak efficiency through enhanced monitoring and management.
In October, the company added StruxureWare Power Monitoring Expert Data Center Edition to its software suite. The software is designed to help decrease the number of unplanned power outages, reduce the duration of those that do occur, improve the effectiveness of maintenance activities, optimize power loading of key equipment, improve power distribution efficiency, and facilitate pay-by-use energy billing.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Combined Heat and Power