Hubbell Lets Commercial Buildings ‘Trial’ LED Lighting
Hubbell Lighting has created a program for commercial building owners to trial energy efficiency lighting before purchase.
Hubbell’s createchange program for commercial buildings provides a suite of audit tools implemented with Hubbell Lighting consultants. This allows building owners to precisely forecast the economic impact of various lighting retrofit strategies and also identify any utility rebates that are available.
Then, Hubbell encourages customers to validate those cost saving estimates in the building, selecting and installing up to four Hubbell Lighting products and monitoring the results for up to 90 days. After that trial customers can decide to keep the products or return them for a full refund.
The createchange program includes a comprehensive evaluation of the building, including office areas, halls, conference rooms, restrooms, exteriors, parking garages and mechanical rooms. Hubbell says new lighting and control devices can dramatically reduce energy and maintenance costs; for example, in a 150,000 sq-ft-building that operates 24 hours a day, changing out 150 hallway 75 watt incandescent downlights to Hubbell Lighting’s LED fixtures will save a building owner almost $27,000 a year based on an electricity rate of $0.11 per kWh and including lighting energy, maintenance, HVAC and controls savings.
The createchange program for commercial buildings can be coupled with Hubbell’s Cash Flow Positive program where companies can apply to have Hubbell fund their entire lighting and controls upgrade and structure the financing so that energy cost savings are greater than monthly financing costs.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control