Hubbell Lets Commercial Buildings ‘Trial’ LED Lighting
Hubbell Lighting has created a program for commercial building owners to trial energy efficiency lighting before purchase.
Hubbell’s createchange program for commercial buildings provides a suite of audit tools implemented with Hubbell Lighting consultants. This allows building owners to precisely forecast the economic impact of various lighting retrofit strategies and also identify any utility rebates that are available.
Then, Hubbell encourages customers to validate those cost saving estimates in the building, selecting and installing up to four Hubbell Lighting products and monitoring the results for up to 90 days. After that trial customers can decide to keep the products or return them for a full refund.
The createchange program includes a comprehensive evaluation of the building, including office areas, halls, conference rooms, restrooms, exteriors, parking garages and mechanical rooms. Hubbell says new lighting and control devices can dramatically reduce energy and maintenance costs; for example, in a 150,000 sq-ft-building that operates 24 hours a day, changing out 150 hallway 75 watt incandescent downlights to Hubbell Lighting’s LED fixtures will save a building owner almost $27,000 a year based on an electricity rate of $0.11 per kWh and including lighting energy, maintenance, HVAC and controls savings.
The createchange program for commercial buildings can be coupled with Hubbell’s Cash Flow Positive program where companies can apply to have Hubbell fund their entire lighting and controls upgrade and structure the financing so that energy cost savings are greater than monthly financing costs.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems