Hubbell Lets Commercial Buildings ‘Trial’ LED Lighting
Hubbell Lighting has created a program for commercial building owners to trial energy efficiency lighting before purchase.
Hubbell’s createchange program for commercial buildings provides a suite of audit tools implemented with Hubbell Lighting consultants. This allows building owners to precisely forecast the economic impact of various lighting retrofit strategies and also identify any utility rebates that are available.
Then, Hubbell encourages customers to validate those cost saving estimates in the building, selecting and installing up to four Hubbell Lighting products and monitoring the results for up to 90 days. After that trial customers can decide to keep the products or return them for a full refund.
The createchange program includes a comprehensive evaluation of the building, including office areas, halls, conference rooms, restrooms, exteriors, parking garages and mechanical rooms. Hubbell says new lighting and control devices can dramatically reduce energy and maintenance costs; for example, in a 150,000 sq-ft-building that operates 24 hours a day, changing out 150 hallway 75 watt incandescent downlights to Hubbell Lighting’s LED fixtures will save a building owner almost $27,000 a year based on an electricity rate of $0.11 per kWh and including lighting energy, maintenance, HVAC and controls savings.
The createchange program for commercial buildings can be coupled with Hubbell’s Cash Flow Positive program where companies can apply to have Hubbell fund their entire lighting and controls upgrade and structure the financing so that energy cost savings are greater than monthly financing costs.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement