Hubbell, Lutron Wirelessly Control Plug Loads
The use of automated controls for lighting and HVAC has dramatically increased efficiencies of these systems in modern facilities. In contrast, miscellaneous plug loads connected to electrical receptacles have been left uncontrolled and can now approach 50 percent of a high performance building’s energy footprint, according to Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems and Lutron Electronics, which are jointly developing new products.
Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems, a manufacturer of electrical devices and energy management products, will embed Lutron’s Clear Connect radio frequency wireless communication technology directly into Hubbell’s Load:Logic plug load control products. This expands the interoperability of Lutron’s Clear Connect-enabled devices, provides the industry with a code-compliant solution, and allows installers to control electrical outlets without learning new systems or performing extensive commissioning, according to the companies.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year