Hubbell, Lutron Wirelessly Control Plug Loads
The use of automated controls for lighting and HVAC has dramatically increased efficiencies of these systems in modern facilities. In contrast, miscellaneous plug loads connected to electrical receptacles have been left uncontrolled and can now approach 50 percent of a high performance building’s energy footprint, according to Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems and Lutron Electronics, which are jointly developing new products.
Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems, a manufacturer of electrical devices and energy management products, will embed Lutron’s Clear Connect radio frequency wireless communication technology directly into Hubbell’s Load:Logic plug load control products. This expands the interoperability of Lutron’s Clear Connect-enabled devices, provides the industry with a code-compliant solution, and allows installers to control electrical outlets without learning new systems or performing extensive commissioning, according to the companies.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds