Hubbell, Lutron Wirelessly Control Plug Loads
The use of automated controls for lighting and HVAC has dramatically increased efficiencies of these systems in modern facilities. In contrast, miscellaneous plug loads connected to electrical receptacles have been left uncontrolled and can now approach 50 percent of a high performance building’s energy footprint, according to Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems and Lutron Electronics, which are jointly developing new products.
Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems, a manufacturer of electrical devices and energy management products, will embed Lutron’s Clear Connect radio frequency wireless communication technology directly into Hubbell’s Load:Logic plug load control products. This expands the interoperability of Lutron’s Clear Connect-enabled devices, provides the industry with a code-compliant solution, and allows installers to control electrical outlets without learning new systems or performing extensive commissioning, according to the companies.
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings