Hubbell, Lutron Wirelessly Control Plug Loads
The use of automated controls for lighting and HVAC has dramatically increased efficiencies of these systems in modern facilities. In contrast, miscellaneous plug loads connected to electrical receptacles have been left uncontrolled and can now approach 50 percent of a high performance building’s energy footprint, according to Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems and Lutron Electronics, which are jointly developing new products.
Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems, a manufacturer of electrical devices and energy management products, will embed Lutron’s Clear Connect radio frequency wireless communication technology directly into Hubbell’s Load:Logic plug load control products. This expands the interoperability of Lutron’s Clear Connect-enabled devices, provides the industry with a code-compliant solution, and allows installers to control electrical outlets without learning new systems or performing extensive commissioning, according to the companies.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions