HVAC Armor Protects Against Corrosion, Cuts Energy Consumption
HVAC Armor will debut its direct expansion, cooling tower, exterior and oil fouling product lines at the AHR Expo in Dallas, Jan. 28-30, according to the energy-efficiency technology company.
The company says it developed the protective coatings in response to increased demand by facility managers and energy-efficiency performance contractors for products that reduce their operating costs, save energy and extend the useful life and performance of building mechanical equipment.
HVAC systems start to deteriorate and lose efficiency as soon as they are put into use. Corrosion, environmental deterioration from pollution, salt-air and airborne chemicals all play a role in system failures and loss of efficiency.
HVAC Armor coatings are designed to protect system components. The field-applied corrosion protection coating is impregnated with 65 percent aluminum paste to rejuvenate marginally deteriorated compressor and evaporator coils and restore lost efficiency, the company says.
Additionally, the oil fouling restoration process reduces energy consumption by cleaning the non-conductive layer of oil that migrates from the compressor into the refrigerant, restricting flow and reducing the efficiency of HVAC systems, according to HVAC Armor.
In cooling towers, corrosion of carbon steel — the most commonly used component of cooling towers — occurs in all environments because of fluctuating temperatures, moisture, chemical exposure and environmental conditions.
The company says its cooling tower product line provides highly resistant protective coatings that allows owners to maintain their investment and avoid expensive replacement. The coatings extend the life and increase the efficiency of your cooling towers, according to HVAC Armor.
Three of HVAC Armor’s product lines are manufactured by Hempel USA.
The company says the suite of HVAC Armor coatings will be applied through an applicator-partner network of HVAC specialty coatings applicators throughout the US and Caribbean. The company is currently exploring partnerships and engaging in discussions with various applicators and energy efficiency service providers throughout the country.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- LED Myths and Facts
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing