Hybrid Converter Integrates Multiple Power Sources for Microgrids
Ideal Power introduced its 3-port 30 kW hybrid converter, which offers the ability to integrate energy storage and solar photovoltaic to accelerate deployment of microgrids.
The hybrid converter integrates multiple power sources for microgrids, delivering grid resiliency during blackouts and reducing dependency on diesel fuel for off-grid applications.
Ideal Power’s Hybrid Converter Family is the first to use the company’s patented Power Packet Switching Architecture in a 3-port product. This enables the integration of solar PV inverter functions on one DC port and bi-directional battery converter functions on the second DC port while a third AC port is used to support both grid-tied and microgrid applications. The DC port functionality is software-defined, enabling integration of other power sources including diesel gensets, EV charging infrastructure or DC microgrids.
The company announced the product last year and won the Innovation Award at the National Innovation Conference in Washington, DC.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement