Hybrid Converter Integrates Multiple Power Sources for Microgrids
Ideal Power introduced its 3-port 30 kW hybrid converter, which offers the ability to integrate energy storage and solar photovoltaic to accelerate deployment of microgrids.
The hybrid converter integrates multiple power sources for microgrids, delivering grid resiliency during blackouts and reducing dependency on diesel fuel for off-grid applications.
Ideal Power’s Hybrid Converter Family is the first to use the company’s patented Power Packet Switching Architecture in a 3-port product. This enables the integration of solar PV inverter functions on one DC port and bi-directional battery converter functions on the second DC port while a third AC port is used to support both grid-tied and microgrid applications. The DC port functionality is software-defined, enabling integration of other power sources including diesel gensets, EV charging infrastructure or DC microgrids.
The company announced the product last year and won the Innovation Award at the National Innovation Conference in Washington, DC.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards