Hybrid Converter Integrates Multiple Power Sources for Microgrids
Ideal Power introduced its 3-port 30 kW hybrid converter, which offers the ability to integrate energy storage and solar photovoltaic to accelerate deployment of microgrids.
The hybrid converter integrates multiple power sources for microgrids, delivering grid resiliency during blackouts and reducing dependency on diesel fuel for off-grid applications.
Ideal Power’s Hybrid Converter Family is the first to use the company’s patented Power Packet Switching Architecture in a 3-port product. This enables the integration of solar PV inverter functions on one DC port and bi-directional battery converter functions on the second DC port while a third AC port is used to support both grid-tied and microgrid applications. The DC port functionality is software-defined, enabling integration of other power sources including diesel gensets, EV charging infrastructure or DC microgrids.
The company announced the product last year and won the Innovation Award at the National Innovation Conference in Washington, DC.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity