Hybrid Generator Creates Solar Energy in Compact Footprint
After three years of prototyping, planning and certifying, ECO-GEN Energy is demonstrating its JouleBox Hybrid Generator, which provides a combination of conventional solar panels with an integrated turbine generator backup system. It is stackable and expandable from 60 kW up to utility scale 50 MW projects.
The JouleBox Hybrid Generator, which has been certified by Underwriter’s Laboratory, delivers electricity without any fossil-fuel sources. ECO-GEN says a 20 MW JouleBox uses less than 55,000 square feet versus a comparable solar farm that would need more than 600 acres.
Each commercial JouleBox Hybrid Generator pod is 60 kW, which will produce 525,600 kWh annually. Multiple pods can be configured to meet any size commercial application. The onsite generators continually produce energy using a patent/pending design.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology