Hybrid Solar-Geothermal Can Save 75% on Energy Bills
The HL Turner Group has been awarded US Patent No. 8,733,429 for its high efficiency E-Max Hybrid solar-geothermal heating and/or cooling system design, which the company says can yield geothermal system performances upwards of a 7.5 effective Coefficient of Performance, about twice that of conventional geothermal applications.
Actual net energy cost reductions of up to 75 percent can be accomplished with the E-Max Hybrid system, says HL Turner.
A ground loop geothermal version of the hybrid system was recently incorporated into a net-zero-energy residence known as the ROSE Cottage Project, which was designed by HL Turner, using a Bosch-Buderus heat pump and solar equipment.
The hybrid solar-geothermal heating and cooling systems are also applicable to commercial, industrial and institutional projects where the larger economy of scale helps to further decrease the additional cost per square food of the renewable energy features.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future