Hybrid Solar-Geothermal Can Save 75% on Energy Bills
The HL Turner Group has been awarded US Patent No. 8,733,429 for its high efficiency E-Max Hybrid solar-geothermal heating and/or cooling system design, which the company says can yield geothermal system performances upwards of a 7.5 effective Coefficient of Performance, about twice that of conventional geothermal applications.
Actual net energy cost reductions of up to 75 percent can be accomplished with the E-Max Hybrid system, says HL Turner.
A ground loop geothermal version of the hybrid system was recently incorporated into a net-zero-energy residence known as the ROSE Cottage Project, which was designed by HL Turner, using a Bosch-Buderus heat pump and solar equipment.
The hybrid solar-geothermal heating and cooling systems are also applicable to commercial, industrial and institutional projects where the larger economy of scale helps to further decrease the additional cost per square food of the renewable energy features.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Gartner Magic Quadrant