Hybrid Solar-Geothermal Can Save 75% on Energy Bills
The HL Turner Group has been awarded US Patent No. 8,733,429 for its high efficiency E-Max Hybrid solar-geothermal heating and/or cooling system design, which the company says can yield geothermal system performances upwards of a 7.5 effective Coefficient of Performance, about twice that of conventional geothermal applications.
Actual net energy cost reductions of up to 75 percent can be accomplished with the E-Max Hybrid system, says HL Turner.
A ground loop geothermal version of the hybrid system was recently incorporated into a net-zero-energy residence known as the ROSE Cottage Project, which was designed by HL Turner, using a Bosch-Buderus heat pump and solar equipment.
The hybrid solar-geothermal heating and cooling systems are also applicable to commercial, industrial and institutional projects where the larger economy of scale helps to further decrease the additional cost per square food of the renewable energy features.
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year