IBM Joins Emerson to Optimize Data Centers
Emerson Network Power will combine the capabilities of its Trellis platform with IBM IT service management for an integrated data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software, geared to help IT-intensive businesses with their growth-related infrastructure challenges and also to help them save energy.
Integrating IBM software with Emerson’s Trellis platform will provide real-time visibility from IT applications, through infrastructure components, and all the way to the power grid, enabling holistic management of the data center ecosystem. This information can be used to improve energy efficiency and space and capacity utilization, enable rapid problem management and resource provisioning, and improve operational efficiency.
Emerson’s Trellis platform combined with IBM software also will enable data center managers to understand the true costs of running an application with metrics like watts per workload, calculation of resource demands in real-time, and dynamic provisioning of physical and logical resources to support the application.
As part of this collaboration, IBM will resell the Emerson Trellis platform as its DCIM solution.
Emerson Network Power recently introduced a dedicated team serving the complex needs of massive data centers. The hyperscale solutions team is made up of individuals with data center experience and draws upon the knowledge of thousands of Emerson technologists and engineers to support the visions of data center professionals.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Building Energy Intelligence
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management