IBM Joins Emerson to Optimize Data Centers
Emerson Network Power will combine the capabilities of its Trellis platform with IBM IT service management for an integrated data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software, geared to help IT-intensive businesses with their growth-related infrastructure challenges and also to help them save energy.
Integrating IBM software with Emerson’s Trellis platform will provide real-time visibility from IT applications, through infrastructure components, and all the way to the power grid, enabling holistic management of the data center ecosystem. This information can be used to improve energy efficiency and space and capacity utilization, enable rapid problem management and resource provisioning, and improve operational efficiency.
Emerson’s Trellis platform combined with IBM software also will enable data center managers to understand the true costs of running an application with metrics like watts per workload, calculation of resource demands in real-time, and dynamic provisioning of physical and logical resources to support the application.
As part of this collaboration, IBM will resell the Emerson Trellis platform as its DCIM solution.
Emerson Network Power recently introduced a dedicated team serving the complex needs of massive data centers. The hyperscale solutions team is made up of individuals with data center experience and draws upon the knowledge of thousands of Emerson technologists and engineers to support the visions of data center professionals.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- 10 Ways to Slash Energy Cost & Reduce Budget Uncertainty
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems