IBM Joins Emerson to Optimize Data Centers
Emerson Network Power will combine the capabilities of its Trellis platform with IBM IT service management for an integrated data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software, geared to help IT-intensive businesses with their growth-related infrastructure challenges and also to help them save energy.
Integrating IBM software with Emerson’s Trellis platform will provide real-time visibility from IT applications, through infrastructure components, and all the way to the power grid, enabling holistic management of the data center ecosystem. This information can be used to improve energy efficiency and space and capacity utilization, enable rapid problem management and resource provisioning, and improve operational efficiency.
Emerson’s Trellis platform combined with IBM software also will enable data center managers to understand the true costs of running an application with metrics like watts per workload, calculation of resource demands in real-time, and dynamic provisioning of physical and logical resources to support the application.
As part of this collaboration, IBM will resell the Emerson Trellis platform as its DCIM solution.
Emerson Network Power recently introduced a dedicated team serving the complex needs of massive data centers. The hyperscale solutions team is made up of individuals with data center experience and draws upon the knowledge of thousands of Emerson technologists and engineers to support the visions of data center professionals.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room