IBM Joins Emerson to Optimize Data Centers
Emerson Network Power will combine the capabilities of its Trellis platform with IBM IT service management for an integrated data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software, geared to help IT-intensive businesses with their growth-related infrastructure challenges and also to help them save energy.
Integrating IBM software with Emerson’s Trellis platform will provide real-time visibility from IT applications, through infrastructure components, and all the way to the power grid, enabling holistic management of the data center ecosystem. This information can be used to improve energy efficiency and space and capacity utilization, enable rapid problem management and resource provisioning, and improve operational efficiency.
Emerson’s Trellis platform combined with IBM software also will enable data center managers to understand the true costs of running an application with metrics like watts per workload, calculation of resource demands in real-time, and dynamic provisioning of physical and logical resources to support the application.
As part of this collaboration, IBM will resell the Emerson Trellis platform as its DCIM solution.
Emerson Network Power recently introduced a dedicated team serving the complex needs of massive data centers. The hyperscale solutions team is made up of individuals with data center experience and draws upon the knowledge of thousands of Emerson technologists and engineers to support the visions of data center professionals.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe