Ice Energy Sets Sights on Northeastern Region
Ice Energy, a provider of distributed energy storage and smart grid solutions, and Verde Energy USA Holdings, a retail energy supplier, formed a strategic business alliance that includes a cooperation agreement between the two companies.
A spokesman for Ice Energy says the company, which manufactures thermal energy storage units, will benefit from Verde’s business relationships in the northeastern part of the country. The partnership will also allow Verde to market energy efficient building products at competitive pricing.
An affiliate of Ice Energy is also making a minority equity investment in Verde, but terms of the equity investment were not disclosed.
Ice Energy, formerly based in Windsor, Colo., recently relocated its headquarters to Glendale, Calif. The move came after Ice Energy completed installation of 1.5 MW of Ice Bear energy storage units as part of Glendale Water & Power’s US Department of Energy-supported smart grid project.
Ice Bear energy storage systems are paired with commercial air conditioning units to regulate the timing of air conditioning, reducing peak demand.
As part of its long-term capital investment plan, Glendale Water & Power is currently evaluating the installation of an additional 10 MW in Ice Bear energy storage capacity.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement