Ideal Power Expands Product Reach
Ideal Power’s converters are compact and modular and can improve the economics for energy storage applications. Utilizing the company’s Power Packet Switching Architecture (PPSA), Ideal Power converters provide isolation without the use of a transformer. Benefits of PPSA include its capability to reduce the size, cost and efficiency loss associated with conventional transformer-based systems.
Eos announced the commercial availability of its MW-scale Aurora energy storage system for deliveries starting in 2016. The Eos Aurora employs the company’s Znyth battery technology, which uses a safe aqueous electrolyte and a zinc-hybrid cathode to enable low-cost electricity storage and long life. Eos’ grid-scale product is designed to reliably integrate renewable energy, improve grid efficiency and resiliency and reduce costs for utilities and consumers.
Eos is working with Ideal Power and various controls and integration partners to sell, install and maintain AC-integrated battery systems through its Aegis Program. The program is structured such that Eos supplies the containerized DC battery and battery management system while Aegis Partners provide the power control systems and integration layer.
Ideal Power is also extending its product reach through a new distribution partnership. Energy distributor Rexel and its subsidiary Gexpro will begin carrying Ideal Powers’ power converter products in its portfolio effectively immediately. Under the terms of the agreement, Ideal Power will supply its 30 kW and 125 kW power converter products to Gexpro and Rexel for resale to their networks of electrical installers and distributors.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future