IKEA Adds to Solar System at Boston-Area Store
IKEA activated an expanded solar energy array atop its Boston-area store that opened nine years ago in Stoughton, Massachusetts.
The 51,516-sq-foot solar panel addition consists of a 318 kW system built with 1,248 panels, and will produce 385,900 kWh more of electricity annually for the store. This solar expansion sits atop a 58,575-sq-foot store extension completed last summer. Now, IKEA Stoughton’s total 908.8 kW solar installation of 5,468 panels will generate 1,080,900 kWh yearly.
For the development, design and installation of this store’s enhanced solar system, IKEA contracted with Gehrlicher Solar America.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash