IKEA Completes Kansas’ Largest Rooftop Solar Array
IKEA says the new rooftop solar array atop its recently opened store IKEA Merriam is Kansas’ largest rooftop solar array.
The 92,000-sq-foot solar array consists of a 730.17-kW DC system comprised of 2,394 panels. The array will produce about 986,800 kWh of electricity annually for the store.
For the development, design and installation of the Kansas City-area store’s customized solar power system, IKEA contracted with Chicago-based SoCore Energy.
This installation will represent the 41st solar project for IKEA in the US, contributing to the IKEA solar presence atop nearly 90 percent of its US locations, and a total generation goal of 40 MW.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection