IKEA Completes Miami-Dade Solar Installation
IKEA completed the installation of the solar array atop the future Miami-Dade IKEA store, which is opening this summer in Sweetwater, Fla. Combined with rooftop arrays in Orlando, Tampa and Sunrise, this fourth solar project will keep IKEA as the state’s largest non-utility solar owner.
The 178,000-sq-foot array consists of a 1,178 kW system, built with 4,620 panels, and will produce about 1,738,876 kWh annually for the store. IKEA contracted with REC Solar for the development, design and installation of the power system.
IKEA owns and operates each of its solar PV energy systems atop its buildings – as opposed to a solar lease or power purchase agreement (PPA).
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape