IKEA Completes Miami-Dade Solar Installation
IKEA completed the installation of the solar array atop the future Miami-Dade IKEA store, which is opening this summer in Sweetwater, Fla. Combined with rooftop arrays in Orlando, Tampa and Sunrise, this fourth solar project will keep IKEA as the state’s largest non-utility solar owner.
The 178,000-sq-foot array consists of a 1,178 kW system, built with 4,620 panels, and will produce about 1,738,876 kWh annually for the store. IKEA contracted with REC Solar for the development, design and installation of the power system.
IKEA owns and operates each of its solar PV energy systems atop its buildings – as opposed to a solar lease or power purchase agreement (PPA).
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation