IKEA Completes Miami-Dade Solar Installation
IKEA completed the installation of the solar array atop the future Miami-Dade IKEA store, which is opening this summer in Sweetwater, Fla. Combined with rooftop arrays in Orlando, Tampa and Sunrise, this fourth solar project will keep IKEA as the state’s largest non-utility solar owner.
The 178,000-sq-foot array consists of a 1,178 kW system, built with 4,620 panels, and will produce about 1,738,876 kWh annually for the store. IKEA contracted with REC Solar for the development, design and installation of the power system.
IKEA owns and operates each of its solar PV energy systems atop its buildings – as opposed to a solar lease or power purchase agreement (PPA).
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach