IKEA Completes Miami-Dade Solar Installation
IKEA completed the installation of the solar array atop the future Miami-Dade IKEA store, which is opening this summer in Sweetwater, Fla. Combined with rooftop arrays in Orlando, Tampa and Sunrise, this fourth solar project will keep IKEA as the state’s largest non-utility solar owner.
The 178,000-sq-foot array consists of a 1,178 kW system, built with 4,620 panels, and will produce about 1,738,876 kWh annually for the store. IKEA contracted with REC Solar for the development, design and installation of the power system.
IKEA owns and operates each of its solar PV energy systems atop its buildings – as opposed to a solar lease or power purchase agreement (PPA).
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book