Ikea Continues Onsite Solar Push
Ikea installed a 1.6 MW solar energy system on the rooftop of its central Texas store in Round Rock (pictured), its 33rd rooftop PV project in the US.
The 273,700-square-foot PV array is built with 6,664 panels, making it the largest of all Ikea solar installations atop its US stores.
The Ikea Round Rock installation will produce about 2,398,500 kWh of electricity annually, the equivalent of cutting 1,822 tons of carbon dioxide. When combined with Ikea projects atop stores in Houston and the Dallas area, the array makes the home furnishing retailer Texas’s largest solar owner.
Ikea also installed a 941 kW system on top of its store in New Haven, Conn. That project is the state’s largest PV array. The 118,000-square-foot array is built with 3,920 panels and will produce about 1,099,800 kWh of electricity annually, the equivalent of reducing 836 tons of CO2. The New Haven, Conn., and Round Rock, Texas installations are Ikea’s 32nd and 33rd completed solar projects in the US. Ikea has six more solar projects underway.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management