IKEA Installs Adiabatic Cooling
IKEA in Italy installed adiabatic pre-cooling systems created by Blue Energy Technologies, according to Uldis Liepins, chief executive officer at Blue Energy, who posted the news on Energy Manager Today’s LinkedIn page.
The IKEA store is located in Catania, Italy. IKEA installed the evaporative cooling panel system on three Climaventa air-cooled chillers – two of which are 200 refrigeration tons and the other which is 400 refrigeration tons. Savings on just the two 200-ton chillers are more than 1000 KW per 24 hours.
Blue Energy’s Smart Cooling adiabatic cooling panel improves the cooling capacity of air conditioning and cooling units, saving over 30 percent on HVAC energy bills, says Blue Energy.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers