Illinois Recognizes Alpha for Energy Saving Projects
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) has recognized Alpha Controls & Services for implementing energy saving projects for public facilities in Northern Illinois. Alpha Controls is a trade ally partner in the Illinois Energy Now Program, an energy-efficiency program that provides millions of dollars in rebates to public facilities that make energy efficiency improvements to their electric and natural gas systems.
For the 2014 program year, Alpha ranked third in the state and provided the highest energy savings for public facility customers in Northern Illinois.
Alpha Controls is a member of the InsideIQ Building Automation Alliance, an international alliance of leading independent building automation contractors who share industry best practices in energy management. Based on their understanding of the rules, regulations and application process of the DCEO programs, trade allies like Alpha help clients navigate the system and receive the maximum amount of incentives. During the 2014 program year, Alpha helped customers earn more than $700,000 in grants for energy efficiency projects encompassing over 2.5 million square feet of space.
Alpha employs a five-step process to help its customers improve the energy efficiency of their facilities:
- Benchmarking: Apply the Energy Star Portfolio Manger to establish the energy efficiency of the facility.
- Preliminary analysis: Examine how the customer uses energy.
- Comprehensive analysis: Use detailed energy modeling to determine specific energy conservation measures (ECMs) to apply to the facility.
- Execute plan: Apply the recommended ECMs to the facility.
- Measure and verify: Compare actual energy use to the model and makes adjustments as necessary to ensure the energy efficiency achieved matches the initial plan.
Alpha Controls has Energy Star rated facilities in Rockford and Springfield, Ill., and is a member of the US Green Building Council.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection