Illumitex White Paper: Our LEDs Have Fast ROI
Illumitex has released a white paper comparing the payback period between its LEDs and 1,000W high pressure sodium lighting.
The paper includes steps for calculating return-on-investment (ROI) across different parameters of two LEDs from the company. The result – as determined by Rebecca Knight, a Ph.D, is that the Power Harvest has a payback period of 1.5 years and the Neosol DS has a payback period of 1.9 hears. The results, the release says, are based on a photoperiod of 10 hours per day at $0.11/kWh.
The research concluded that the savings were due to decreased energy, HVAC and maintenance demand as compared to the HPS lights.
Last autumn, Illumitex said that its LEDs will be used by Sustenir Agriculture in vertical farming applications.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year