Illumitex White Paper: Our LEDs Have Fast ROI
Illumitex has released a white paper comparing the payback period between its LEDs and 1,000W high pressure sodium lighting.
The paper includes steps for calculating return-on-investment (ROI) across different parameters of two LEDs from the company. The result – as determined by Rebecca Knight, a Ph.D, is that the Power Harvest has a payback period of 1.5 years and the Neosol DS has a payback period of 1.9 hears. The results, the release says, are based on a photoperiod of 10 hours per day at $0.11/kWh.
The research concluded that the savings were due to decreased energy, HVAC and maintenance demand as compared to the HPS lights.
Last autumn, Illumitex said that its LEDs will be used by Sustenir Agriculture in vertical farming applications.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds