Illumitex White Paper: Our LEDs Have Fast ROI
Illumitex has released a white paper comparing the payback period between its LEDs and 1,000W high pressure sodium lighting.
The paper includes steps for calculating return-on-investment (ROI) across different parameters of two LEDs from the company. The result – as determined by Rebecca Knight, a Ph.D, is that the Power Harvest has a payback period of 1.5 years and the Neosol DS has a payback period of 1.9 hears. The results, the release says, are based on a photoperiod of 10 hours per day at $0.11/kWh.
The research concluded that the savings were due to decreased energy, HVAC and maintenance demand as compared to the HPS lights.
Last autumn, Illumitex said that its LEDs will be used by Sustenir Agriculture in vertical farming applications.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- There’s Money in the Trash
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings