In 2012 Indiana Businesses Snared $5.1 Million in Energy Efficiency Incentives
Indiana saved more than 420 million kWh of energy in 2012, thanks to the statewide energy efficiency initiative Energizing Indiana.
After the program’s first full year, Indiana businesses have received over $5.1 million in incentives for energy-efficient upgrades to lighting and equipment. The program offers incentives to businesses, government agencies and homeowners.
Energizing Indiana is a united effort by the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC), participating utilities and consumer organizations to offer comprehensive statewide energy efficiency programs. The Energizing Indiana initiative began Jan. 2, 2012, and was created to help utilities achieve the significant energy savings required by an Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) order.
Energizing Indiana Home Energy Assessments are available to electric customers of Duke Energy, Indiana Michigan Power, Indianapolis Power & Light Company, NIPSCO and Vectren, as well as communities served by the Indiana Municipal Power Agency. Energizing Indiana programs are funded by utility rates, and there are no separate fees to participate.
Schools can benefit from the School Building Assessment program, which identifies areas of inefficiency in school buildings and provides recommendations for improvements. Businesses can receive incentives for making energy-efficient upgrades through the Commercial & Industrial Prescriptive Rebates program.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Gartner Magic Quadrant