In 2012 Indiana Businesses Snared $5.1 Million in Energy Efficiency Incentives
Indiana saved more than 420 million kWh of energy in 2012, thanks to the statewide energy efficiency initiative Energizing Indiana.
After the program’s first full year, Indiana businesses have received over $5.1 million in incentives for energy-efficient upgrades to lighting and equipment. The program offers incentives to businesses, government agencies and homeowners.
Energizing Indiana is a united effort by the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC), participating utilities and consumer organizations to offer comprehensive statewide energy efficiency programs. The Energizing Indiana initiative began Jan. 2, 2012, and was created to help utilities achieve the significant energy savings required by an Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) order.
Energizing Indiana Home Energy Assessments are available to electric customers of Duke Energy, Indiana Michigan Power, Indianapolis Power & Light Company, NIPSCO and Vectren, as well as communities served by the Indiana Municipal Power Agency. Energizing Indiana programs are funded by utility rates, and there are no separate fees to participate.
Schools can benefit from the School Building Assessment program, which identifies areas of inefficiency in school buildings and provides recommendations for improvements. Businesses can receive incentives for making energy-efficient upgrades through the Commercial & Industrial Prescriptive Rebates program.
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards