In 2012 Indiana Businesses Snared $5.1 Million in Energy Efficiency Incentives
Indiana saved more than 420 million kWh of energy in 2012, thanks to the statewide energy efficiency initiative Energizing Indiana.
After the program’s first full year, Indiana businesses have received over $5.1 million in incentives for energy-efficient upgrades to lighting and equipment. The program offers incentives to businesses, government agencies and homeowners.
Energizing Indiana is a united effort by the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC), participating utilities and consumer organizations to offer comprehensive statewide energy efficiency programs. The Energizing Indiana initiative began Jan. 2, 2012, and was created to help utilities achieve the significant energy savings required by an Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) order.
Energizing Indiana Home Energy Assessments are available to electric customers of Duke Energy, Indiana Michigan Power, Indianapolis Power & Light Company, NIPSCO and Vectren, as well as communities served by the Indiana Municipal Power Agency. Energizing Indiana programs are funded by utility rates, and there are no separate fees to participate.
Schools can benefit from the School Building Assessment program, which identifies areas of inefficiency in school buildings and provides recommendations for improvements. Businesses can receive incentives for making energy-efficient upgrades through the Commercial & Industrial Prescriptive Rebates program.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems