In 2012 Indiana Businesses Snared $5.1 Million in Energy Efficiency Incentives
Indiana saved more than 420 million kWh of energy in 2012, thanks to the statewide energy efficiency initiative Energizing Indiana.
After the program’s first full year, Indiana businesses have received over $5.1 million in incentives for energy-efficient upgrades to lighting and equipment. The program offers incentives to businesses, government agencies and homeowners.
Energizing Indiana is a united effort by the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC), participating utilities and consumer organizations to offer comprehensive statewide energy efficiency programs. The Energizing Indiana initiative began Jan. 2, 2012, and was created to help utilities achieve the significant energy savings required by an Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) order.
Energizing Indiana Home Energy Assessments are available to electric customers of Duke Energy, Indiana Michigan Power, Indianapolis Power & Light Company, NIPSCO and Vectren, as well as communities served by the Indiana Municipal Power Agency. Energizing Indiana programs are funded by utility rates, and there are no separate fees to participate.
Schools can benefit from the School Building Assessment program, which identifies areas of inefficiency in school buildings and provides recommendations for improvements. Businesses can receive incentives for making energy-efficient upgrades through the Commercial & Industrial Prescriptive Rebates program.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing