In 2012 Indiana Businesses Snared $5.1 Million in Energy Efficiency Incentives
Indiana saved more than 420 million kWh of energy in 2012, thanks to the statewide energy efficiency initiative Energizing Indiana.
After the program’s first full year, Indiana businesses have received over $5.1 million in incentives for energy-efficient upgrades to lighting and equipment. The program offers incentives to businesses, government agencies and homeowners.
Energizing Indiana is a united effort by the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC), participating utilities and consumer organizations to offer comprehensive statewide energy efficiency programs. The Energizing Indiana initiative began Jan. 2, 2012, and was created to help utilities achieve the significant energy savings required by an Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) order.
Energizing Indiana Home Energy Assessments are available to electric customers of Duke Energy, Indiana Michigan Power, Indianapolis Power & Light Company, NIPSCO and Vectren, as well as communities served by the Indiana Municipal Power Agency. Energizing Indiana programs are funded by utility rates, and there are no separate fees to participate.
Schools can benefit from the School Building Assessment program, which identifies areas of inefficiency in school buildings and provides recommendations for improvements. Businesses can receive incentives for making energy-efficient upgrades through the Commercial & Industrial Prescriptive Rebates program.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room