In the Market for an $11M Steam Turbine?
eSolar has retained auction company Heritage Global Partners to manage the March 4 sale of its Siemens Industrial Steam Turbine SST-400, which originally sold for in excess of $11 million, has never been run and is being offered to the highest bidder in its original crating.
In addition to usage in concentrated solar power plants, typical applications for the SST-400 include industrial power plants – such as captive power plants in the chemical, sugar, textile, pulp and paper and steel industries. The steam turbine can also be used in cogeneration and district heating plants, geothermal power, biomass plants and combined cycle power plants, among other industries and applications.
The SST-400 is a single casing steam turbine, providing geared or direct drive to 50 and 60 Hz generators, or to compressors and pumps. Its symmetrical casing includes a horizontal joint flange enabling it to accept short start-up times and rapid load changes.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide