In the Market for an $11M Steam Turbine?
eSolar has retained auction company Heritage Global Partners to manage the March 4 sale of its Siemens Industrial Steam Turbine SST-400, which originally sold for in excess of $11 million, has never been run and is being offered to the highest bidder in its original crating.
In addition to usage in concentrated solar power plants, typical applications for the SST-400 include industrial power plants – such as captive power plants in the chemical, sugar, textile, pulp and paper and steel industries. The steam turbine can also be used in cogeneration and district heating plants, geothermal power, biomass plants and combined cycle power plants, among other industries and applications.
The SST-400 is a single casing steam turbine, providing geared or direct drive to 50 and 60 Hz generators, or to compressors and pumps. Its symmetrical casing includes a horizontal joint flange enabling it to accept short start-up times and rapid load changes.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards