Indian Renewables Firm Chooses IBM to Manage Data
India-based Bharat Light and Power (BLP) has formed a 10-year collaboration with IBM to help manage the vast amount of data generated by BLP’s power generation sources. IBM will deploy its SoftLayer cloud infrastructure as a service to centrally monitor and manage BLP’s existing and future generation plants as well as to store and manage the data in the cloud.
BLP is renewables energy generation company in India, which focuses on wind, solar, biomass and hydro technologies and is exploring other technologies such as energy storage and smart grid to better integrate renewable energy into the grid.
Using IBM’s mobile technology, the company will be able to provide all the information, analyzed on the cloud platform, to its ground staff on their handsets and alert them well in advance.
In August, IBM announced a modeling technology that combines weather prediction and analytics to forecast the availability of wind power and solar energy to enable utilities to integrate more renewable energy into the power grid.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement