Indian Renewables Firm Chooses IBM to Manage Data
India-based Bharat Light and Power (BLP) has formed a 10-year collaboration with IBM to help manage the vast amount of data generated by BLP’s power generation sources. IBM will deploy its SoftLayer cloud infrastructure as a service to centrally monitor and manage BLP’s existing and future generation plants as well as to store and manage the data in the cloud.
BLP is renewables energy generation company in India, which focuses on wind, solar, biomass and hydro technologies and is exploring other technologies such as energy storage and smart grid to better integrate renewable energy into the grid.
Using IBM’s mobile technology, the company will be able to provide all the information, analyzed on the cloud platform, to its ground staff on their handsets and alert them well in advance.
In August, IBM announced a modeling technology that combines weather prediction and analytics to forecast the availability of wind power and solar energy to enable utilities to integrate more renewable energy into the power grid.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards