Indian Renewables Firm Chooses IBM to Manage Data
India-based Bharat Light and Power (BLP) has formed a 10-year collaboration with IBM to help manage the vast amount of data generated by BLP’s power generation sources. IBM will deploy its SoftLayer cloud infrastructure as a service to centrally monitor and manage BLP’s existing and future generation plants as well as to store and manage the data in the cloud.
BLP is renewables energy generation company in India, which focuses on wind, solar, biomass and hydro technologies and is exploring other technologies such as energy storage and smart grid to better integrate renewable energy into the grid.
Using IBM’s mobile technology, the company will be able to provide all the information, analyzed on the cloud platform, to its ground staff on their handsets and alert them well in advance.
In August, IBM announced a modeling technology that combines weather prediction and analytics to forecast the availability of wind power and solar energy to enable utilities to integrate more renewable energy into the power grid.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement