Indianapolis Speedway Installs Solar
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has a new solar farm located adjacent to the race track.
The IMS Solar Farm features 39,312 solar modules that generate 9 MW. IMS used 41.5 acres of its 1,000-acre campus for the panels.
SunWize Technologies, of San Jose, Calif., and Phoenix-based Blue Renewable Energy co-developed the project. Blue Renewable Energy entered into a land-lease agreement with IMS to build the system on the property, and the system was designed, engineered and installed by SunWize. Clenera and Swinerton Builders finalized the engineering and constructed the project on behalf of Centaurus Renewable Energy.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management