Indianapolis Speedway Installs Solar
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has a new solar farm located adjacent to the race track.
The IMS Solar Farm features 39,312 solar modules that generate 9 MW. IMS used 41.5 acres of its 1,000-acre campus for the panels.
SunWize Technologies, of San Jose, Calif., and Phoenix-based Blue Renewable Energy co-developed the project. Blue Renewable Energy entered into a land-lease agreement with IMS to build the system on the property, and the system was designed, engineered and installed by SunWize. Clenera and Swinerton Builders finalized the engineering and constructed the project on behalf of Centaurus Renewable Energy.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Combined Heat and Power