Indianapolis Speedway Installs Solar
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has a new solar farm located adjacent to the race track.
The IMS Solar Farm features 39,312 solar modules that generate 9 MW. IMS used 41.5 acres of its 1,000-acre campus for the panels.
SunWize Technologies, of San Jose, Calif., and Phoenix-based Blue Renewable Energy co-developed the project. Blue Renewable Energy entered into a land-lease agreement with IMS to build the system on the property, and the system was designed, engineered and installed by SunWize. Clenera and Swinerton Builders finalized the engineering and constructed the project on behalf of Centaurus Renewable Energy.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Combined Heat and Power
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?