Indoor LED Lighting Winners: Cree, Koncept, Finelite, Acuity Brands
The US Energy Department announced the winners of its sixth annual Next Generation Luminaires design competition for indoor lighting.
Four manufacturers, covering four different indoor lighting types, were designated as Best in Class:
Koncept (Monrovia, California): Awarded Best in Class for its Mosso Pro LED desk lamp (pictured).
Finelite, (Union City, California): Awarded Best in Class for its Series 11LED Micro Profile family of cove mounted luminaires.
Cree, (Durham, North Carolina): Awarded Best in Class for its LS Series utility luminaire.
Acuity Brands – Mark Architectural Lighting (Conyers, Georgia.): Awarded Best in Class for its Slot 2 & 4 LED – Direct and Bi-Direct family of surface mounted and pendant linear luminaires.
The competition, sponsored by the Energy Department, the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America and the International Association of Lighting Designers, was launched in 2008 to promote excellence in the design of energy-efficient light-emitting diode (LED) commercial lighting fixtures or “luminaires.”
A panel of 10 judges evaluated more than 150 indoor lighting entries based on color, illuminance, glare control, light distribution, serviceability, value, appearance, lumen maintenance and luminous efficacy.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Combined Heat and Power