Industrial Power Supplies Eliminate Need for Enclosures
Installing traditional power supplies in distributed and remote locations can be prohibitively complex and costly because of the need for protective enclosures, fans and excess wiring. To reduce cost and complications, SolaHD has launched its new IP67 SCP-X self-sealed power supplies. SolaHD is a brand of Emerson Industrial Automation.
The self-sealed power supplies mount directly on machines or as freestanding components on a production line, removing the constraints imposed by power supplies that must be housed in enclosures.
The IP67 SCP-X is available in 100 watt and dual 100 watt models and has the versatility to power from one to four loads. The 100-watt model has a single output of 3.8A at 24Vdc to deliver field power in a compact unit that requires minimal assembly. Dual 100-watt models have quad output of 7.6A at 24Vdc (3.8A max per pair). It eliminates need for splitters or additional wiring to power up to four loads.
SolaHD says it took every measure possible to make the IP67 SCP-X a robust industrial-grade power supply, from its shock-absorbing, self-sealed IP67 rated enclosure impervious to water, dust and corrosion, to an optimized thermal management layout that prevents overheating while doing away with bulky external fans or forced air. It will operate in ambient temperatures of -40°C to 60°C for the single watt model and -20°C to 60°C for the dual watt. In addition, it keeps signal noise and electromagnetic interference (EMI) well below the limits required to ensure reliable data communications.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase