Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
Infineon Technologies’ CDM10V can simplify the design of LEDs, according to the company.
The CDM10V integrated LED lighting interface integrated circuit will allow designers and replace multiple discrete components in current dimming schemes. This, the company said, can reduce the space necessary for dimming circuitry in LEDs by 70 percent. The company says it is the first single-chip lighting interface integrated circuit capable of transforming an analog 0-10V input into a pulse width modulation (PWM) or dimming input signal necessary for a lighting controller IC.
The release says that one-time configuration of key parameters makes the CDM10V appropriate for many commercial and industrial applications. Volume production began this month and engineering samples are available now.
Lighting consultant Jody Cloud, author of “Say Yes to LED Lighting,” told Energy Manager Today in a podcast interview that planning for LED rollouts is an exacting process that requires careful attention.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year