Innovative Financing Supplies Solar System to Office Building
Equipment finance company Key Equipment Finance has helped launch a solar PV project intended to save several million dollars in power costs for Credit Plus, a Salisbury, Md.-based provider of mortgage credit reporting tools and technology.
Key Equipment Finance provided 100 percent of the green energy financing with a $1.9 million capital lease and construction financing to Credit Plus for a 669 kW DC solar photovoltaic (PV) system. Credit Plus did not outlay any cash.
The installation of the 2,674 panels, installed by Energy Systems & Installations at the Credit Plus home office, is providing solar power that has eliminated a large portion of the electricity bill at Credit Plus’ Winterplace Parkway location in Salisbury.
Credit Plus is leasing the solar PV system to offset a large portion of its increasingly high energy costs. The company also is benefitting from the 30 percent federal Investment Tax Credit and earning additional income from selling the Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SRECs) generated for each 1,000 kilowatt-hours of energy produced.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection