InstantFit LED T8 Introduced by Royal Philips
The new InstantFit LED T8, known as LED tube lamps (TLEDs), has been introduced by Royal Philips. TLEDs use up to 40 percent less energy compared to linear fluorescent tube lighting and require less maintenance due to their long lifetime.
Unlike many TLEDs, the Philips InstantFit LED replacement tube requires no re-wiring as it includes a smart electronic design that is compatible with existing electronic instant start ballasts and sockets. The result is a dramatic reduction in the time it takes to change from fluorescent to TLED lighting – from over 20 minutes per fixture to a matter of seconds and an equally dramatic reduction in installation costs.
Philips estimates that the installed base for fluorescent tube lighting today amounts to 12 billion (lamp) sockets globally. Linear fluorescent tube lighting with instant start ballast is one of the most common types of general lighting used in shops, offices and industrial spaces. In the United States, the estimated square footage of office space alone that could be positively impacted by installing the InstantFit solution is 7.4 billion square feet.
Philips’ InstantFit LED replacement tube will be available in the first quarter of 2014.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- LED Myths and Facts
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing