InstantFit LED T8 Introduced by Royal Philips
The new InstantFit LED T8, known as LED tube lamps (TLEDs), has been introduced by Royal Philips. TLEDs use up to 40 percent less energy compared to linear fluorescent tube lighting and require less maintenance due to their long lifetime.
Unlike many TLEDs, the Philips InstantFit LED replacement tube requires no re-wiring as it includes a smart electronic design that is compatible with existing electronic instant start ballasts and sockets. The result is a dramatic reduction in the time it takes to change from fluorescent to TLED lighting – from over 20 minutes per fixture to a matter of seconds and an equally dramatic reduction in installation costs.
Philips estimates that the installed base for fluorescent tube lighting today amounts to 12 billion (lamp) sockets globally. Linear fluorescent tube lighting with instant start ballast is one of the most common types of general lighting used in shops, offices and industrial spaces. In the United States, the estimated square footage of office space alone that could be positively impacted by installing the InstantFit solution is 7.4 billion square feet.
Philips’ InstantFit LED replacement tube will be available in the first quarter of 2014.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- The Sustainable Edge™
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape