Insulated Metal Panels Prevent Heat Loss on Hot Days
Insulated metal panels (IMPs) from Kingspan act as air, water and vapor barriers to save energy and prevent water from causing mold and mildew.
Heat from sunlight is conducted through solid walls. Because heat always flows from hot to cold, when walls are left unprotected, hot outside air will pass through the layers of wall and enter a building to be absorbed by the cool air-conditioned air, causing the air conditioner to run more.
Kinspan’s IMPs hold a high R-Value and low thermal conductivity. As a form of continuous insulation, there are no gaps or pockets left unprotected. IMPs also act as vapor barriers to prevent humid air from entering the building, causing moisture problems.
Kingspan’s insulated metal panel portfolio includes wall panels, roof panels and architectural panels. The panels can be integrated with one another and with traditional building materials.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- There’s Money in the Trash