Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
Energy Focus has introduced the 500NR Network Ready Series of LED Tubes and the Intellitube NR Network-Ready Tube.
The company says that dimming functionality is put directly into the tubes. This enables the tubes, via the Internet of Things, to be directly connected to the building’s automation system or lighting control system, the press release says. The products, according to the company, can save 50 percent through the transition from legacy to LED lighting and an additional 20 percent through the dimming feature.
The Intellitube is the first commercial adaption of technology developed in conjunction with DARPA for use in combat-ready Navy ships.
In May, Digital Lumens and Schneider Electric partnered on an IoT initiative which is designed to enable customers to benefit from IoT environments in buildings via Schneider Electric’s sensor-based connected lighting and next-generation analytic platforms.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers