Integrated Solutions Providers Gain Competitive Edge
Worldwide revenues in LED markets will quadruple to more than $36.5 billion by 2017, according to updated research by Frost & Sullivan, World LED Lighting Markets (2013 Update).
The market earned revenues of $9.18 billion in 2012 and estimates reach up to $36.52 billion in 2017. The residential and outdoor application segments, in particular, will witness rapid growth.
Reductions in energy consumption and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in lighting, which accounts for 15 percent of global energy usage and 5 percent of GHG emissions, are driving the light emitting diode (LED) market.
Market participants are offering integrated solutions that include consultation from concept to implementation along with maintenance services. Reduction in the prices of LED lamps too will boost global sale volumes.
However, the global LED lighting market has not reached its full potential as the phasing out of incandescent and compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) is still in progress.
While the recession-proof replacement market continues to grow, the dip in construction activities owing to the recent economic slowdown is affecting new installations. As a result, the global LED lighting market is expected to witness increasing consolidation with more mergers and acquisitions taking place to strengthen market presence and enhance brand visibility.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers