Intel, City of Houston Top Green Power Rankings
The GPP rankings highlight the annual green power use of Green Power Partners within the United States and across individual industry sectors. Lists include the top 30 local government green power uses, the top 30 tech and telecom green power users and the list of firms that use solely green power.
Intel, which uses 3.1 GWh of renewable energy a year, topped the latter category as well as the tech and technology category. In the 100 percent green power users list the tech giant was followed by retailer Kohl’s, which uses 1.5 GWh of renewable energy a year, and Whole Foods, which uses 800 MWh of renewable energy a year.
In the tech and telecom category, Intel was followed by Microsoft, which uses 1.3 GWh of renewable energy a year, enough for 50 percent of its power consumption. Coming third in the tech category was Google, which uses 737 MWh of renewable energy a year, accounting for 32 percent of its power consumption.
The local government green power users list was topped by the City of Houston, Texas, which uses 622 MWh of renewable energy each year, accounting for 48 percent of its energy use. Houston was followed by Washington DC and Austin, Texas, which use 534 MWh and 296 MWh of renewable energy a year. Both the Texas capital and the nnational capital are 100 percent powered by green energy.
The EPA also listed all Green Power Partners that use on-site green power with Walmart, Apple and the Department of Energy at the top of the list.
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers