Intelligent Energy Envisions Universal Wireless Power
The UK company Intelligent Energy purchased the portable fuel cell and disposable fuel cartridge assets of Société Bic, a maker of disposable consumer products. Intelligent Energy paid $13 million and will pay $2 million more once transition services are completed.
The acquisition moves the company forward toward the mass-market availability of embedded hydrogen fuel cell technology to power applications and consumer electronic devices such as PCs, laptops, smartphones and wearables.
Intelligent Energy says as people continue to embrace ubiquitous wireless technology and as data consumption increases, it will be necessary to remove dependence on the plug socket. The company has a vision for universal wireless power via hydrogen fuel cell technology.
BIC’s embedded fuel cell technology provides the company with additional intellectual property assets added to its existing hydrogen fuel cell power systems for the global automotive, consumer electronics, distributed power and generation markets.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds