Investor Confidence Project Releases Performance Protocol
A standardized protocol for commercial energy efficiency projects has been released by the Investor Confidence Project (ICP).
The ICP, which aims to bring transparency and accountability to the energy efficiency market, unveiled the Energy Performance Protocol for Targeted Commercial Projects. Targeted commercial projects are typically projects that can upgrade a single measure or a few items without an entire retrofit.
The protocols standardize how projects are baselined, engineered, installed, operated and measured, and are aimed at boosting investor confidence in the resulting savings.
The protocol complements the ICP’s two existing Energy Performance Protocols: Large Commercial Protocol, which involves a whole building retrofit greater than $1 million and with annual energy savings of more than 20percent, and Standard Commercial Protocol, which is a whole building retrofit priced at below $1 million.
ICP’s Energy Performance Protocols are aimed at streamlining the patchwork of existing standards in the energy efficiency market. Currently, every energy efficiency retrofit is a custom project and the market is rife with varying standards.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management