Iowa Electric Co-op Activates Solar Array
Farmers Electric Cooperative cut the ribbon on a new solar array of 2,900 panels capable of generating more than one million kWh each year.
The 650-member Farmers Electric Cooperative is now capable of generating up to 1800 watts of solar power per customer.
The solar farm joins other renewable generation of the co-op, including geothermal and wind, and is part of the co-op’s commitment to generate 15 percent of its power locally with renewables by 2025.
Sitting on about 4.5 acres of land, Farmers Electric Cooperative’s new solar array took about 3 years of planning and 3 months of construction to complete.
The project was developed by Eagle Point Solar.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal