Iowa Electric Co-op Activates Solar Array
Farmers Electric Cooperative cut the ribbon on a new solar array of 2,900 panels capable of generating more than one million kWh each year.
The 650-member Farmers Electric Cooperative is now capable of generating up to 1800 watts of solar power per customer.
The solar farm joins other renewable generation of the co-op, including geothermal and wind, and is part of the co-op’s commitment to generate 15 percent of its power locally with renewables by 2025.
Sitting on about 4.5 acres of land, Farmers Electric Cooperative’s new solar array took about 3 years of planning and 3 months of construction to complete.
The project was developed by Eagle Point Solar.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide