Iowa Plans to Spend $500m
The Iowa Utilities Board approved the MidAmerican Energy Company’s five-year energy efficiency plan and budget for both natural gas and electric customers in Iowa that begins on January 1 and run through 2018, according to the Mapleton Press. Environmental Groups had challenged an Alliant Energy efficiency plan.
The new plan will provide a variety of programs and services available for all customers to help find ways to reduce energy use in their homes and businesses. Some of the new programs include a residential heating and cooling tune-up, the addition of LED bulbs, commercial building optimization services, ongoing commercial building performance services for previous new construction participants, and additional project assistance for industrial customers.
If the five-year energy efficiency plan goals are achieved, MidAmerican Energy customers collectively should save approximately 1.2 billion kWh of electricity.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management