Iowa Plans to Spend $500m
The Iowa Utilities Board approved the MidAmerican Energy Company’s five-year energy efficiency plan and budget for both natural gas and electric customers in Iowa that begins on January 1 and run through 2018, according to the Mapleton Press. Environmental Groups had challenged an Alliant Energy efficiency plan.
The new plan will provide a variety of programs and services available for all customers to help find ways to reduce energy use in their homes and businesses. Some of the new programs include a residential heating and cooling tune-up, the addition of LED bulbs, commercial building optimization services, ongoing commercial building performance services for previous new construction participants, and additional project assistance for industrial customers.
If the five-year energy efficiency plan goals are achieved, MidAmerican Energy customers collectively should save approximately 1.2 billion kWh of electricity.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape