Iowa Plans to Spend $500m
The Iowa Utilities Board approved the MidAmerican Energy Company’s five-year energy efficiency plan and budget for both natural gas and electric customers in Iowa that begins on January 1 and run through 2018, according to the Mapleton Press. Environmental Groups had challenged an Alliant Energy efficiency plan.
The new plan will provide a variety of programs and services available for all customers to help find ways to reduce energy use in their homes and businesses. Some of the new programs include a residential heating and cooling tune-up, the addition of LED bulbs, commercial building optimization services, ongoing commercial building performance services for previous new construction participants, and additional project assistance for industrial customers.
If the five-year energy efficiency plan goals are achieved, MidAmerican Energy customers collectively should save approximately 1.2 billion kWh of electricity.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant