Iowa Plans to Spend $500m
The Iowa Utilities Board approved the MidAmerican Energy Company’s five-year energy efficiency plan and budget for both natural gas and electric customers in Iowa that begins on January 1 and run through 2018, according to the Mapleton Press. Environmental Groups had challenged an Alliant Energy efficiency plan.
The new plan will provide a variety of programs and services available for all customers to help find ways to reduce energy use in their homes and businesses. Some of the new programs include a residential heating and cooling tune-up, the addition of LED bulbs, commercial building optimization services, ongoing commercial building performance services for previous new construction participants, and additional project assistance for industrial customers.
If the five-year energy efficiency plan goals are achieved, MidAmerican Energy customers collectively should save approximately 1.2 billion kWh of electricity.
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software