IPERC’s GridMaster Okayed by the DoD
The Department of Defense has given the GridMaster control system installed at Camp Smith, Hawaii, IT Platform Risk Approval status. The system is manufactured by The Intelligent Power & Energy Research Corporation (IPERC), a company that specializes in cybersecurity equipment for military and commercial applications.
Gaining GridMasters accreditation required compliance with the DoD’s 8500 series and the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s 800-series cyber security, smart grid and risk management framework. GridMaster is complaint with NERC CIP v5 and ANSI/ISA 62433 standards.
The DoD is deeply involved in protecting critical infrastructure, including the grid. In April, it released the Cybersecurity Procurement Language for Energy Delivery Systems, which is aimed at helping utilities ask the right questions when purchasing hardware and software that runs the electric grid.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year