IPKeys, Walmart, Schneider Electric Demo OpenADR 2.0b
A pilot project showed how OpenADR 2.0b is a standardized method for electricity providers to communicate demand response signals with each other and with their customers using a common language over any existing secure IP-based communications network.
IPKeys says it concluded multi-phase pilots at PJM Interconnection, utilizing its OpenADR 2.0b certified Energy Interop Server & System (EISS). The pilot participants – Walmart, PJM, Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory and Schneider Electric – succeeded in showing the technological feasibility of using the OpenADR 2.0b profile in the field for ancillary services and regulation signaling.
Walmart provided a signaling test bed at one of its 24×7 Super Centers in Pennsylvania as part of the pilot’s synchronous reserve phase. The secure technology enabled Walmart to receive open standard and machine interoperable market signals through an isolated interface directly from the ISO.
In the regulation phase of the pilot, Schneider Electric provided a signaling test bed in its variable frequency drive (VFD) laboratory in Raleigh, NC. Schneider says it demonstrated that it is possible to perform four-second regulation using secure web services.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement