Irish Bank Offers $137M for Small Business Energy Projects
Allied Irish Banks (AIB) is making $137 million available for lending to Irish small and medium businesses to lower their energy bills, and the bank will take into account the projected savings from energy efficiency projects when calculating the borrower’s repayment capacity.
Qualifying customers can take advantage of the discounted funding, supported by the European Investment Bank (EIB), for a range of energy-saving projects, including lighting and heating and cooling systems.
AIB sponsored an Amarach Research Report on the level of energy efficiency among 451 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in partnership with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland and the Irish Green Building Council and found that achieving energy efficiency is high on the agenda of manufacturers, retailers and other business sectors. The research shows that energy accounts for about 9 percent of operating costs in most of the businesses surveyed, with SMEs in the manufacturing area spending, on average, $157,000 on energy bills per annum; retailers spending $69,000 and other businesses spending $96,000. More than 54 percent of respondents expect those energy costs to rise over the next three years, but there is little clarity on how they will respond. Over half the buildings SMEs operate in are 10-50 years old and generally are not energy efficient.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room