ISO 50002 Audits Boost ISO 50001
ISO 50001 is gaining popularity among businesses as a way to implement energy management strategies. Now, ISO has rolled out ISO 50002:2014, an International Standard on energy audit. ISO 50002 has been designed to complement ISO 50001.
Audits include essential information on current energy use and performance and recommendations for improvements in a wide range of areas, including operational controls, maintenance controls, modifications and capital projects.
The new standard sets down the basic principles and requirements for carrying out energy audits and harmonizing common auditing processes. Additionally, this common approach allows organizations to compare results across similar sites.
ISO isn’t stopping here. It says other standards to look out for in the future include:
- ISO 50003 on requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of energy management systems
- ISO 50004 on guidance for the implementation, maintenance and improvement of an energy management system
- ISO 50006 on measuring energy performance using energy baselines (EnB) and energy performance indicators (EnPI)
- ISO 50015 on the measurement and verification of energy performance in organizations.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement