ISO 50002 Audits Boost ISO 50001
ISO 50001 is gaining popularity among businesses as a way to implement energy management strategies. Now, ISO has rolled out ISO 50002:2014, an International Standard on energy audit. ISO 50002 has been designed to complement ISO 50001.
Audits include essential information on current energy use and performance and recommendations for improvements in a wide range of areas, including operational controls, maintenance controls, modifications and capital projects.
The new standard sets down the basic principles and requirements for carrying out energy audits and harmonizing common auditing processes. Additionally, this common approach allows organizations to compare results across similar sites.
ISO isn’t stopping here. It says other standards to look out for in the future include:
- ISO 50003 on requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of energy management systems
- ISO 50004 on guidance for the implementation, maintenance and improvement of an energy management system
- ISO 50006 on measuring energy performance using energy baselines (EnB) and energy performance indicators (EnPI)
- ISO 50015 on the measurement and verification of energy performance in organizations.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex