ISO 50002 Audits Boost ISO 50001
ISO 50001 is gaining popularity among businesses as a way to implement energy management strategies. Now, ISO has rolled out ISO 50002:2014, an International Standard on energy audit. ISO 50002 has been designed to complement ISO 50001.
Audits include essential information on current energy use and performance and recommendations for improvements in a wide range of areas, including operational controls, maintenance controls, modifications and capital projects.
The new standard sets down the basic principles and requirements for carrying out energy audits and harmonizing common auditing processes. Additionally, this common approach allows organizations to compare results across similar sites.
ISO isn’t stopping here. It says other standards to look out for in the future include:
- ISO 50003 on requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of energy management systems
- ISO 50004 on guidance for the implementation, maintenance and improvement of an energy management system
- ISO 50006 on measuring energy performance using energy baselines (EnB) and energy performance indicators (EnPI)
- ISO 50015 on the measurement and verification of energy performance in organizations.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management