Italian Food Retailer Chooses Capstone Trigeneration
Capstone Turbine Corporation received an order for a C800 microturbine to upgrade a major distribution center of Italian food retailer, Conad, in Italy. IBT Group, Capstone’s Italian distributor, secured the order, which will be commissioned later this year.
The methane-fueled C800 microturbine will be installed in a combined cooling, heat and power (CCHP) application to provide electricity to the facility as well as chilled water to refrigerate the warehouse using an ammonia absorption chiller. The trigeneration system will include a heat recovery module to produce hot water for washing and space heating for offices. Any excess electricity produced by the microturbine will be sold back to the utility, thus providing a further reduction in operational expenditures.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles