Itron Delivers 2M Smart Meters for Pennsylvanians
FirstEnergy has signed a contract to deploy Itron’s OpenWay smart grid solution across its four Pennsylvania-based utilities, including Metropolitan Edison, Pennsylvania Electric, Pennsylvania Power and West Penn Power. The contract signing follows approval from the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission.
FirstEnergy will install more than 2 million Itron smart meters over the next several years, meeting all the requirements outlined in Act 129 passed by the Pennsylvania legislature in 2008 to increase energy efficiency in the state.
Itron will also implement back-office data collection software, including Itron’s meter data management, collection engine and reporting software, and Cisco’s Connected Grid Network Management System.
In August 2013, Philadelphia-based utility PECO said it had installed about 700,000 smart meters across its service territory since March 2012 and will complete the deployment of smart meters to all 1.6 million its customers, both residential and commercial, by the end of 2014 – five years ahead of its original schedule.
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement