IXYS Cuts IT Energy Use 50% with Dhaani Energy Management
Semiconductor company IXYS Corporation has released the results of a test study that it says demonstrate a 50 percent reduction in IT energy consumption at its offices worldwide.
The study was conducted in conjunction with Dhaani Systems, which deployed its proprietary network-based energy IT management platform at IXYS’ various divisions including IXYS Power, Zilog, IXYS IC Division, IXYS Germany and IXYS UK.
The companies performed initial tests of the Dhaani Star IT energy management platform at Zilog, and found savings of up to 75 percent. In November 2011, IXYS extended the program, deploying Dhaani Star at five of its divisions worldwide, which saw savings of 50 percent, the company says.
The rest of the divisions will adopt the platform in the coming year.
Dhaani Systems’ DhaaniStar reduces IT electrical energy consumption by between 50 and 80 percent, according to the company. It uses patent-pending algorithms to maximize energy savings, continuously monitoring individual computer usage patterns. As usage patterns and users change, the Dhaani Star automatically adjusts each individual energy management profile without the need for user or IT input, according to the company.
It says the appliance can be used by IT organizations from small businesses using 50 or more PCs and servers, to large enterprises using tens of thousands of PCs and servers deployed in campuses and data centers globally.
Earlier this week, BMW said it expects to cut the cost of powering its high-performance computing as much as 82 percent by moving some of these applications to Verne Global’s 100 percent, dual-sourced renewable-powered data center campus in Iceland.
Additionally, GridPoint has announced that its SaaS-based network management platform, GridPoint Energy Manager, now includes software algorithms for retail, restaurant, grocery, pharmacy and convenience store market sectors. The software features address specialized industry needs such as load curtailment and demand management, intelligent zone comfort, temperature recovery, and motor protection features, the company says.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability