IXYS Cuts IT Energy Use 50% with Dhaani Energy Management
Semiconductor company IXYS Corporation has released the results of a test study that it says demonstrate a 50 percent reduction in IT energy consumption at its offices worldwide.
The study was conducted in conjunction with Dhaani Systems, which deployed its proprietary network-based energy IT management platform at IXYSâ€™ various divisions including IXYS Power, Zilog, IXYS IC Division, IXYS Germany and IXYS UK.
The companies performed initial tests of the Dhaani Star IT energy management platform at Zilog, and found savings of up to 75 percent. In November 2011, IXYS extended the program, deploying Dhaani Star at five of its divisions worldwide, which saw savings of 50 percent, the company says.
The rest of the divisions will adopt the platform in the coming year.
Dhaani Systemsâ€™ DhaaniStar reduces IT electrical energy consumption by between 50 and 80 percent, according to the company. It uses patent-pending algorithms to maximize energy savings, continuously monitoring individual computer usage patterns. As usage patterns and users change, the Dhaani Star automatically adjusts each individual energy management profile without the need for user or IT input, according to the company.
It says the appliance can be used by IT organizations from small businesses using 50 or more PCs and servers, to large enterprises using tens of thousands of PCs and servers deployed in campuses and data centers globally.
Earlier this week, BMW said it expects to cut the cost of powering its high-performance computing as much as 82 percent by moving some of these applications to Verne Globalâ€™s 100 percent, dual-sourced renewable-powered data center campus in Iceland.
Additionally, GridPoint has announced that its SaaS-based network management platform, GridPoint Energy Manager, now includes software algorithms for retail, restaurant, grocery, pharmacy and convenience store market sectors. The software features address specialized industry needs such as load curtailment and demand management, intelligent zone comfort, temperature recovery, and motor protection features, the company says.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Combined Heat and Power
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies