Japanese Town Gets Smart Grid; Chinese Utilities Install Energy Saving Valves
Toshiba and Tohoku Electric Power, jointly, will construct key elements of a smart community system in Ishinomaki City, Miyagi prefecture, Japan. Ishinomaki is a fishing community on the coast of Miyagi, which was devastated by the March 2011 Tohoku earthquake. Toshiba and Tohoku Electric Power carried out a feasibility study for a “Smart Community Promotion Project” in 2012, now included in the city’s recovery plan.
At the heart of the project is a Community Energy Management System for managing electric power demand and supply. Toshiba will provide overall project management and install a system that uses information from the demand side to manage power demand, while Tohoku Electric Power will deploy a system that stabilizes power supply from dispersed renewable power sources across the power grid.
NF Energy Saving, an energy saving services provider for China’s power, petrochemical, coal, metallurgy, construction, and municipal infrastructure industries, signed a contract with Chuangshi Energy, Beijing, for the supply of valves derived from the Keling thermoelectric project, Inner Mongolia; Yaochi thermoelectric project Shanxin Province and Pucheng thermoelectric project. NF Energy Saving will provide DN600-2000 electric butterfly valves and corollary equipment according to the contract. NF Energy Saving has signed five contracts with Chuangshi Energy, Beijing, since the second half of this year. NF Energy Saving’s major revenue is from energy efficient flow control equipment.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software