Japanese Town Gets Smart Grid; Chinese Utilities Install Energy Saving Valves
Toshiba and Tohoku Electric Power, jointly, will construct key elements of a smart community system in Ishinomaki City, Miyagi prefecture, Japan. Ishinomaki is a fishing community on the coast of Miyagi, which was devastated by the March 2011 Tohoku earthquake. Toshiba and Tohoku Electric Power carried out a feasibility study for a “Smart Community Promotion Project” in 2012, now included in the city’s recovery plan.
At the heart of the project is a Community Energy Management System for managing electric power demand and supply. Toshiba will provide overall project management and install a system that uses information from the demand side to manage power demand, while Tohoku Electric Power will deploy a system that stabilizes power supply from dispersed renewable power sources across the power grid.
NF Energy Saving, an energy saving services provider for China’s power, petrochemical, coal, metallurgy, construction, and municipal infrastructure industries, signed a contract with Chuangshi Energy, Beijing, for the supply of valves derived from the Keling thermoelectric project, Inner Mongolia; Yaochi thermoelectric project Shanxin Province and Pucheng thermoelectric project. NF Energy Saving will provide DN600-2000 electric butterfly valves and corollary equipment according to the contract. NF Energy Saving has signed five contracts with Chuangshi Energy, Beijing, since the second half of this year. NF Energy Saving’s major revenue is from energy efficient flow control equipment.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- LED Myths and Facts
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing