Japanese Town Gets Smart Grid; Chinese Utilities Install Energy Saving Valves
Toshiba and Tohoku Electric Power, jointly, will construct key elements of a smart community system in Ishinomaki City, Miyagi prefecture, Japan. Ishinomaki is a fishing community on the coast of Miyagi, which was devastated by the March 2011 Tohoku earthquake. Toshiba and Tohoku Electric Power carried out a feasibility study for a “Smart Community Promotion Project” in 2012, now included in the city’s recovery plan.
At the heart of the project is a Community Energy Management System for managing electric power demand and supply. Toshiba will provide overall project management and install a system that uses information from the demand side to manage power demand, while Tohoku Electric Power will deploy a system that stabilizes power supply from dispersed renewable power sources across the power grid.
NF Energy Saving, an energy saving services provider for China’s power, petrochemical, coal, metallurgy, construction, and municipal infrastructure industries, signed a contract with Chuangshi Energy, Beijing, for the supply of valves derived from the Keling thermoelectric project, Inner Mongolia; Yaochi thermoelectric project Shanxin Province and Pucheng thermoelectric project. NF Energy Saving will provide DN600-2000 electric butterfly valves and corollary equipment according to the contract. NF Energy Saving has signed five contracts with Chuangshi Energy, Beijing, since the second half of this year. NF Energy Saving’s major revenue is from energy efficient flow control equipment.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management